Sunday, January 18, 2009

corri + james :: part I

These two were married Thanksgiving weekend. There was a chill in the air but the day could not have been more beautiful. The wedding was held at St. Henry Catholic Church and their reception was at the Dayton Art Institute. I wanted to thank Libby for 2nd shooting this wedding with me. We had such a great time along with Dave Schmaus (photographer and musician) from Velvet Crush who shot the photobooth. Pictures of that soon to come!

This image was taken in Corri's childhood bedroom. I love when brides get ready at the home where they grew up. There is such an intimate feeling.






I always have so much fun checking out the hair inspiration pictures ... and i always take a snapshot cause who knows if this will make it past the wedding day.







Mom and sis helping Corri get her dress on ...





In the meantime, James was at the home where he grew up getting ready for the big day with his mom & dad.











James went to pick up the guys at the hotel before they headed to the church ...



Is she not just BEAUUUTIFUL and that sweet playful smile .... she was a dream to photograph!



















Part 2 ... coming soon!

3 comments:

Brian said...

That post is HUGE...I feel like I was there! Can't wait to see the rest.

Shannon said...

GORGEOUS, Carmen!

Melissa said...

Hi Carmen,
I first heard about you through Tracy and I follow the blog from time to time.
I wanted to tell you that this was an amazing post! Very beautiful work.
♥Melissa