Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just Cured .... Delicious Salmon!

As much as I love photographing people and the special times in their lives, I also enjoy doing commercial work. This year I got to do two sessions for Just Cured and its principal, Michael Brown.

Just Cured is an Over the Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati company that makes smoked and cured salmon. Michael hand produces these salmon products using the finest ingredients and the most traditional of techniques. Just Cured first released its smoked and cured salmon in late 2008.

I was thrilled with the photos I took -- as was Michael. These sessions took place at Michael's home. Unfortunately, it was raining the day of the second session, so those photos were taken under cover.

Trust me when I tell you that the stuff tastes every bit as good as it looks. One of the benefits of doing food photography is being able to eat the subjects at the end of the session!

In the Dayton area, Just Cured salmon is available at all Dorothy Lane Market locations, and in Cincinnati at several retail outlets including select Kroger stores. To learn more about Just Cured visit http:/justcured.com.










some baked goods michael whipped up ... just delicious!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Carmen. Your photos are the single thing that makes the Just Cured web site special.

Merry Christmas,

Michael

Brian said...

YUMMY! Carmen, email me off-blog about your lighting here.

Unknown said...

I can answer this.

All natural light. If you like, I can give you sky conditions, time of day and orientation for each of the shots.

Julie Roberts said...

Hey Carmen ... I am good friends with Libby and she turned me on to your stuff. I have just spend an hour or more looking at your blog posts all the way back to July. Your work is SO SO SO great!!! Im so excited by what you're doing and totally inspired!!! Just wanted to say a little "hello"!!